Saturday, March 6, 2010

Assignment #2 Prewriting

Okay, for this assignment, I really do need to prewrite. Last time, I knew what I was doing before I knew it. This time, I only have a vague idea.

Here's what I know:

1. I want to go in the opposite direction I went last time; I want to write a visually interactive piece, not a text-based one.
2. I want to create a Flash piece (Using Adobe Flash CS4).
3. I want to input my own original graphics, sounds, and music.

I have thought about making an interactive flash movie, something distinctively plot-based. I also considered creating a flash-based application. More specifically, a playable graphic guitar. This is the route I think I will take, as long as Dr. Chandler approves. I would record the sounds produced on each fret of a portion of the guitar's neck, hopefully doing each one in several different tones. Then, I could also add a window for guitar tabs to provide the user with a resource for making music with the application. This device itself would function like a flash soundboard.

I need to be sure that I have the appropriate tools to attempt this project, and I also need to look up some tutorials as well.

The other possible problem is that only one note can be hit at one time. To rectify this, I will try to program a keyboard interface that will allow the user to strike multiple notes at the same time.

I would also like to, if there is enough time, create a keyboard version as well.

As far as movement goes, strings will vibrate, and keys will push. As far as a literary reading goes, I'm not sure what to do about that. My creation would have a definite, seamless sense of thematic visually; I don't know if that's enough though. This is simply the thought I've been playing with most, and if it doesn't work for the assignment then I'll figure something else out.

No comments:

Post a Comment