Monday, March 22, 2010

Project 2

Here's a preview of what I've been doing all week.
There's not much of a map that I'm going to list here, mainly because this isn't a jump-around-piece like my hypertext was.

This is going to be an interactive flash-poetry piece. Interactive in the sense that I am *trying* to make buttons that will switch between different poems inside different scenes.

The poems themselves will be animated, at least if I *can* animate them. It has taken me this whole week to learn the basic programming I need for actionscript 3.0. And by learn, I really mean copy, paste, and hope the stuff works.

I used to know actionscript 2.0, but 3.0 is like a whole new language, and while it apparently allows for much more complex programming, it also makes simple things much more complex as well.

To be completely honest, I don't know if I can do too much with this; it's too intricate. I spent three months learning Flash basics in high school, and I still only got a very basic grasp on the program. Now, with the language that drives the actions changed so completely, it's like I'm jumping out of a plain without a parachute.


HOWEVER! I did get Flash to link the two scenes that I have managed to write. Though the script linking them is supposed to be a button-script, and the button itself doesn't work, the first scene does play into the second.


I suppose that what I'm getting at is this: DAMN this is hard. Thank god it runs!

at any rate, check it out, see what you can see, and although it's short, I hope you can see where I'm going with it—assuming I can go further.



I'll post the vid again once I work the kinks in this preview out.

No comments:

Post a Comment